Driftwaters Resort is only a 3-minute drive from the famous Madison River public access site, Three Dollar Bridge. Driftwaters is only a 35-minute drive to the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park and 4o minute drive to Ennis, Montana. Driftwaters Resort has several modern cabins that we put guests in for this package deal. The cabins all have full kitchens or kitchenettes with barbecue grills for your convenience. They also have RV and tent camping sites for travelers passing through that want to stop with your motor-home or tent and have full hookups during your stay. Enjoy dinners at their onsite restaurant (within walking distance of the cabins), Driftwood Bar & Grill where they offer comfort food with a small-town family feel. It is not uncommon to see elk calving across highway 287 in the springtime, and with a good set of binoculars you can sit on your cabin porch and spot mountain goats, bighorn sheep, mule deer, and possibly a black or grizzly bear.
- This package deal is only valid if rooms are available at the Driftwaters Resort.
- Package deals are available April 15th through Thanksgiving weekend each year.
Included In This Package
- Wader and Wading Boot Rental – Let us know when booking a trip if you need rental gear and we will arrange to have them upon your arrival. Prices with Trout On The Fly LLC are $30 for half day rental and $40 for a full day wader and boot rental. Rent your waders and boots beforehand at our online store HERE. *Felt free boots are mandatory when fishing in Yellowstone National Park*. Felt sole wading boots are still permitted while fishing in Montana.
- Montana Fishing License – To save time we recommend you purchase your license(s) online before your trip at the Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks website. Any angler 12 years of age and older must have a Conservation License ($10-nonresident) plus a Fishing License ($14 for 1 day, $56 for 5 consecutive days or $100 for season-nonresident), plus an Angler AIS Prevention Pass (AISPP) ($7.50 for non-residents). No license is required for angler’s age 11 years and younger IF accompanied by an adult who holds a valid Montana fishing license. Click here to buy a Montana Fishing License Online
- Yellowstone National Park Fishing License – If you plan to fish in Yellowstone National Park a different license is required. Anglers 16 years and older can purchase a three-day ($40), seven-day ($55), or season ($75) permit online HERE. Anglers 15 years of age and younger may fish without a license when supervised by an adult or may obtain a free permit signed by a responsible adult to fish without direct adult supervision. No Montana or Wyoming state fishing license is required in Yellowstone National Park.
- Yellowstone National Park Entrance Fee – On all guided trips inside YNP, each angler is required to pay a $20.00 entrance fee (excluding the guide). This fee can be paid at the entry gate or in advance HERE. If you are a national park season pass holder, this will get you and everyone in that vehicle into the national park without the above additional entry fee.
- Guide Gratuity – Gratuity is not mandatory, but is well appreciated to help with the guide’s fuel, flies lost on the trip, and reflects the hard work of the guide. Average gratuity is 20-25% of the price of the trip. However, if you feel the guide deserves more or less, please adjust the amount according to your experience.
- Transaction Fee – All credit or debit card payments add 3% to the total amount.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy
A 50% deposit is required to secure a reservation within 7 days of booking. In case of a cancellation, the deposit is fully refundable less a $200 processing fee per person if the written cancellation request is received prior to 90 days of the arrival date. For cancellations within 90-60 days of arrival, the deposit is non-refundable. Requests to move a scheduled trip date are the same as canceling and re-booking. The balance of the trip is due within 60 days of the trip. If a cancellation must be made within 60 days of arrival no refund will be made on payments.
Please understand that these trips are difficult to re-book on short notice, and that our focus is on providing the best fishing experience possible. If you have any concerns about attending your booked trip, please look into trip insurance.
- “Excellent Outfitter! Took great care of us for three days on the river. As a first time fly fisher he was the perfect guide to have: knowledgeable, patient, taught us to fish, to read the water, and to not just sit there with our teeth in our mouth! The lodging/cabin combo package was an excellent deal through Driftwaters Resort. Won't hesitate to come back and would highly recommend him as a guide and teacher.“